The Philippine Greenhouse Gas Accounting and Reporting Program (PhilGARP) aims to help businesses in the Philippines prepare GHG inventories, identify GHG reduction opportunities, and participate in programs and projects to reduce GHG emissions.
PROGRAM SITE: HTTP://KLIMA.OBSERVATORY.PH
Launched in November 2006, the program seeks to provide a portfolio of services to its participating businesses and other stakeholders, including the information, analysis, and tools with which to:
- Make a comprehensive assessment of corporate GHG risks and opportunities
- Identify co-benefits between GHG mitigation, energy conservation, environment and health;
- Identify and initiate GHG mitigation projects;
- Create a reliable accounting and reporting system that provides the foundation for future national climate change policies and strategies;
- Improve the quality of the Philippines’ national GHG inventories included in the National Communications to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change; and
- Contribute to the Philippines’ sustainable development.
Partners and Funders
The klima Climate Change Center of the Manila Observatory serves as the secretariat of PhilGARP. In addition to WRI and WBCSD, the following organizations are program partners: PBE (Philippine Business for the Environment); DENR (Department of Environment and Natural Resources, Philippines); DOE (Department of Energy, Philippines). PhilGARP is supported by USAID (United States Agency for International Development). For more information about PhilGARP, see this program brochure.